Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gardening...

Every girl should know at least a little about growing their own food. I found a great website for kids and gardening and used the info I found to make little books for each of the girls. The talked about what makes good soil, when to plant what, how much to water, how much sunlight, how to know when things are ripe, etc. If we had done this activity in March I probably would have had them plant seeds. It is April, however, so I got some inexpensive starter plants and each girl got to plant it in a pot to take home. Let me tell you, girls love to play in the dirt…and so do certain grown ups.
The link to the website I got my info from is here:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Activity Days Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon