Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cake Decorating

You might be thinking that I have an unfair advantage for this activity since I am a former pro pastry chef. Chances are there is someone in your ward who has taken the Wilton cake decorating classes and can teach your girls some very simple basics. I had several different tips for the pastry bags and several different colors of icing for them to practice with. We learned a couple of simple chains, simple writing, and a simple flower. I baked a little 6" cake for each of the girls and after practicing on wax paper for a while, I let them go to town on their cakes. In the end we had a wide variety of cakes from very simple elegance all the way to more icing than cake. The girls loved getting their tasty creativity on.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Activity Days Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon