Thursday, January 1, 2015

Girl's Binders

With the start of the new year, I had several goals in mind that I wanted to encourage with the girls. I felt strongly that one of the ways I could make Activity Days a better learning experience was with making binders for each of the girls that would encourage memorizing the Articles of Faith, daily scripture study, and keeping personal journals.

I found some mini binders on amazon.com that have a pocket built into the front inside cover that is the perfect size to fit both the Faith in God books and their Articles of Faith memorization cards. Inside the binders I put a phone list, a list of all the activities for 2015 with a list of what they needed to bring, a calendar, as well as personal journal pages and scripture journal pages. Since I am not totally opposed to a little bribery, I told the girls that for every 5 pages they filled out, I would give them a piece of candy. Yes, I know I should be ashamed of myself, but if it gets them reading the scriptures, writing in their journals, and memorizing, I am totally fine with it.

In addition to this helping the girls, it somewhat helps me as I am TERRIBLE about remembering to sign off on their books. I keep track of what they have accomplished in my binder but their books remain semi-blank. They have been told to bring their binders every time so we can both sign off on the journal pages they have done and sign off on their Faith in God books.

I am hoping this will lead to more girls finishing the Book of Mormon as well as some serious spiritual growth.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Activity Days Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon